Sunday, August 17, 2014

Review: PureDerm Skin Solutions 'Myung-an' Brightening Korean Herb Mask

Lately my skin has been feeling a little dehydrated and taut. Looking through the different skin products I've hoarded over time, I came across the PureDerm Skin Solutions 'Myung-an' Brightening Korean Herb Mask for Dry Skin. I had purchased this a few months ago on a whim, seeing as it was very inexpensive. If I remember correctly, this mask was being sold for 2-3 $ at Walmart. There was a nice selection of Korean sheet masks aimed at helping various skin problems. I chose the one for dry skin.


I tried this mask on after taking my shower last night. You must first cleanse and dry your face, after which you wear the mask for 15-20 minutes. The mask fit my face perfectly. The only thing was the holes for the eyes could have been a little wider, but it wasn't that big of a deal. This sheet mask was very moist with the serum, and even after the 20 minutes it still was very wet. So much so that I decided to wring it out and see what would happen. So much serum came out! I massaged as much as I could onto my face, neck and hands. As I was massaging it into my skin, I could tell right away that my skin was way more plump than it had been before. My skin just felt really hydrated and healthy. 



I was a little nervous though while using this though, because this mask tingled my skin just a tad. It was kind of the feeling you get that lets you know you're going to have an allergic reaction to something. Thankfully, I didn't get any allergic reaction whatsoever, and that tingly sensation went away about 20 minutes after I had taken off the mask. I guess this was just the sensation of the Korean herbs at work? I don't know, haha. After the mask, I just applied my usual skin cream and went to sleep.

PROS:
Super inexpensive (under 3$ for one mask)
Doesn't irritate my skin or cause an allergic reaction
Hydrates the skin, and plumps it up!

CONS:
Results don't last very long (less than 24 hours)
Holes for eyes needed to be a bit wider (had to be very careful not to get any serum in my eyes because of this)

FINAL THOUGHTS:
I will be honest, I was thinking that I probably wasn't going to like this mask. It was cheap, and the reviews online weren't that great. I was happily surprised, and would definitely repurchase this mask, as well as try the other masks made by PureDerm. I would recommend to use this mask a few hours before a big event, when you want to make sure your skin looks extra bright and healthy. However, you should for sure try it out before a big event, just to make sure your skin doesn't react badly to it. My skin is very sensitive, and I was fine, but it's better to be safe than sorry.

2 comments:

  1. the packaging looks so cute! It's been awhile since my last Purederm mask, maybe I should give this a try.

    xx
    http://felishmichelle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll be honest, it was the cute packaging that attracted me to this mask at first! You should definitely try, they aren't expensive at all!

      Delete