Thursday, July 31, 2014

Review: The Body Shop's Tea Tree Blemish Fade Night Lotion

This night lotion is supposed to improve the appearance of blemish-damaged skin, control oiliness and moisturize. For 18.00, it's quite pricy, but The Body Shop often has sales, so it is possible to purchase this lotion for much less. Tea tree oil is a well known, natural oil that works wonders on blemishes and dries them out. This lotion is extremely light, and sinks into the skin very rapidly. If you have dry skin, you will probably need extra moisturizing.


I used this lotion for a few weeks before stopping, and honestly I haven't seen a difference in my skin since then. It's no better, no worse. Initially, my acne scars did fade quite a bit, but it only took a few days of usage until the scars had faded to a maximum. After that, the lotion had little to no effect on my skin. It was so light, that I had to layer an extra moisturizer on top, which made this lotion pretty useless in my opinion.


PROS:
Lightens acne scars
Doesn't break me out

CONS:
Very light, and not moisturizing enough for me
Didn't help with under the skin bumps or blackheads

FINAL THOUGHTS:
In my opinion, this product would work nicely for someone who has oily skin, white heads, and acne scarring. I have extremely dry skin, under the skin bumps, and very few acne scars, so I did not notice an extreme difference. I will say that my acne scars did fade a bit, but it's not enough of an improvement that would make me want to repurchase the Tea Tree Blemish Fade Night Lotion.

xx Cynthia

4 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for sharing this *u* I really like The Body Shop's tea tree products and I'd love to try out this one, too~ I have oily skin with acne scarring hopefully this will work well for me! Great review c:
    -Kiyomi xx
    kokorosasa.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Kiyomi!

    Yes, I really think this lotion would work much better for your skin than it did for mine! Thanks for reading :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have tried this lotion. It keeps acne at bay. However did not face acne marks. Nice review dear :-)
    http://naturelbellefemme.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great review, I've been looking for new acne lotions. This seems like it would help a little but not sure if it's worth the money

    Hello Song

    ReplyDelete