Thursday, May 8, 2014

Review: GLAMGLOW Supermud Clearing Treatment

When I first started hearing about the Glamglow mud masks, I was so excited because many bloggers and Youtubers were raving about them. As I previously mentioned, my skin has issues. Particularly in regards to clogged pores, black heads, and under the skin bumps. This mask is specifically made to address these sort of problems, by drawing up dirt and congestion from pores. I purchased this mask from Sephora for close to 80 dollars. This is kind of a big deal for me, as I would normally pay so much for a face mask!


This mask has a strong black licorice smell, which isn't too unpleasant. The mud is dark in colour, and has a weird consistency. It's as if there are little chunks of something in it, it's really hard to explain! You can apply this mask to your whole face, or if you can apply only to problem areas too. You leave it on for about 30 minutes, then you wash it off with warm water. I think that if you use this product sparingly, you can probably get 10-15 uses out of it.

PROS: 
Helps draw out black heads
Helps unclog pores
Shrinks the size of pores
You can see these results immediately after application.

CONS:
Very expensive! (Almost 80 dollars for 1.2 oz of product)
Results are short lived, usually 1-2 days
Consistency was strange

FINAL THOUGHTS:
I do like this mask, but because of the steep price, I will probably buy a different mud mask when this one runs out. I'm not convinced that I can't get the same results for cheaper.

If you have any suggestions for masks, I would love to hear them of course. Have you tried GLAMGLOW products?

xx Cynthia

No comments:

Post a Comment